Neurology and neurosurgery are medical disciplines focused primarily on the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of injuries and conditions involving the nerves and nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, muscles, and vascular systems that relate to these structures.
Neurological injuries can be life altering and, in some cases, life threatening.
Neurological and Neurosurgical Negligence can include:
- A delay in timely performing a neurological evaluation following an acute head, neck, or spinal injury,
- A delay in monitoring a patient with suspected or known neurological injuries,
- Negligence in performing surgical procedures involving herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and other spinal conditions,
- Failure to diagnose and treat a patient with increasing intracranial pressure,
- Inadequate nerve monitoring during surgical procedures,
- Failure to timely repair nerve injuries, and
- Many other forms of Neurological and Neurosurgical Negligence arising from the evaluation, care and treatment provided by physicians and hospital staff.
At Mandell, Boisclair & Mandell, Ltd, we are experienced in assessing the adequacy of neurological and neurosurgical care. Our lawyers and nurses have extensive medical knowledge and consult regularly with medical experts in their assessment of the merits of potential cases. We have successfully litigated many cases involving negligent neurological and neurosurgical care in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.